Mindless

----
Today I called Microsoft.

One hour later, I was feeling that I had lost some precious time trying to explain to the guy how Microsoft bulletins work, and how RAS was working on Friday and how RAS stopped working after the mass patch deployment done during the weekend...

I have this feeling that MS support team can use only the MS support website to give people the wrong answers.

"Oh, I think you'd better backup your data and reinstall the operating system."

WATCH OUT, KIDS! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Sonofabitch, Bob!

Ok, it's not M$'s fault that we've applied an "at your own risk" patch on our non-supported NT Workstation, but I'm pretty damn sure that the uninstall function was made with a purpose, and shouldn't be an animated GIF.

"Let's try another thing: click on start, settings, control panel, services. Find PlugAndPlay. Disable it. Restart the computer."

"... whattafucka?"

"I'm sorry, sir.. What did you say?"

"Hmm.. err.. nothing. Thank you very much for your time."

Yeah, go figure.

No comments: